The Certification in Transportation and Logistics (CTL) is an internationally-recognized industry certification, since 1948, offered in partnership with the American Society for Transportation and Logistics (ASTL). The first UNF Division of Continuing Education cohort program started in June 2009 with nine students. The program has more than 300 graduates.
The CTL certification is awarded to professionals who demonstrate a deeper understanding of the fundamentals and industry knowledge through classroom discussions, team presentations, active participation and successful completion of all five modules.
Our instructor-led program is taught by highly regarded industry professionals with more than 75 combined years of hands on experience. Ensuring that your education and your employees’ education requirement meets and/or EXCEEDS industry standards. UNF Continuing Education specializes in training programs designed to meet the specific needs of a company or organization. Special training programs may draw from the content of other courses listed on our web site or brochures or may be focused on other subject areas.
The classroom experience offers tremendous opportunities for both the individual and those that are attending from a company. Students will learn to identify best practices in costing and pricing, how to reduce costs, apply strategies that will increase productivity, network with other industry professionals, make lifelong connections that may be utilized down your career path and much, much more.
Companies that send participants to the program have seen savings in time and resources, increased employee satisfaction, higher level of customer service, improved performance and competitive advantage.
Benefit to Companies
Here’s what company executives told us when asked what they felt was most valuable for their employees attending the CTL program.
- Attending the CTL program enabled our newest executive to have better focus on his duties. He was able do a better job because he had covered all aspects of supply chain and broaden his thinking.
- Sending our employee has helped us find our place in the marketplace and grow strategically using what was learned.
- Upon completion of the program our employees were more engaged in the process and how what they did crossed all facets of the organization.
Benefit to Individuals
Here’s what former students said they found most valuable.
- I’ve been in the industry for 10 years and after the completion of the CTL program I felt like I learned 10 years more of experience.
- Attending the program has inspired me to return to school for my masters.
- The program helped me to focus on and remind me of things I’d forgotten about.
The classroom experience offers tremendous opportunities for the individual to identify best practices in costing and pricing, how to reduce costs, apply strategies that will increase productivity, network with other industry professionals, make lifelong connections that may be utilized down your career path and much, much more.
Training Modules Include
- General Management Principles and Techniques
- Transportation Management
- Supply Chain Management
- International Transportation and Logistics
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Strategy
Those seeking certification should have at minimum a four year degree and/or three years of full time experience in the field of transportation and logistics. Qualified individuals with appropriate experience in a related field, unemployed or underemployed are also eligible.
The modules we offer satisfy the academic requirement portion to achieve your CTL certification. To receive and uphold your certification from ASTL, you must recertifiy with 45 Professional Development Hours (PDH) every three years. A one year membership is included with your program cost.
For more information, contact Lori Frederick, program director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (904) 620-4200.